Lost Cats Brighton Terms and Conditions of use
1. Lost Cats Brighton is a small independent registered charity established in 2000 and has since reunited and rehomed hundreds of cats and kittens. We operate a very successful 'Lost, Found & Reunited' register for cats in Brighton and the surrounding area, via this website and our Facebook page - which currently has +8800 followers (January 2021). Lost Cats Brighton is entirely run by a dedicated team of volunteers.
2. These terms and conditions of use (hereafter “terms and conditions”) apply between you, as User of this Website (https://www.lostcatsbrighton.org.uk/, including any sub-domains and/or variations bearing Lost Cats Brighton, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Lost Cats Brighton, the owner and operator of this Website.
3. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights.
4. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is expressly deemed to occur upon your first [and where relevant subsequent] use of the Website and/or if clause 15 below becomes relevant.
5. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is expressly deemed to occur upon your first [and where relevant subsequent] use of the Website.
6. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately. This is a matter and choice for you to take.
7. In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) engaged by Lost Cats Brighton and acting in the course of their engagement, or (ii) engaged as an agent, consultant or otherwise providing services to Lost Cats Brighton and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services. Furthermore, User or Users should also be taken to mean Visitor or Visitors for the avoidance of doubt.
8. You must be at least 13 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and expressly warrant that you are at least 13 years of age, and where and when relevant have sought the consent or permission of a relevant adult responsible for you and have been given such.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
8. All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Lost Cats Brighton, our affiliates or other relevant third parties.
9. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users.
10. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner's prior written permission.
11. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
a) retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen or similar for your personal consumption.
12. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Lost Cats Brighton.
13. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
a) in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website;
b) in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
c) making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Registration of the online form(s)
14. You must ensure and endeavour to provide details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete, as far as possible. Registration is taken to mean by filling the relevant online form(s) or similar which should contain details regarding the lost or found cat that you wish to inform us about.
15. If you are unable, for any reason(s) to provide your registration by filling in the relevant online form(s) or similar then if you provide your express permission to a relevant member of Lost Cats Brighton to do such for you, then we will endeavour to take any and / or all relevant and necessary step(s) to ensure your registration online. In this circumstance, you agree and acknowledge to be bound to these Terms. We may also take relevant step(s) to provide you with a copy of these Terms.
16. Please inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure that we can look to action this and/or so that we can communicate with you effectively about the matter at hand. You can communicate with us by email at email@example.com.
17. We may suspend and/or cancel your registration, with immediate effect if relevant, by not approving the registration which may involve an administrator not providing approval to your registration request, for any reasonable purposes, including appropriate, sufficient and/or complete information not being provided and/or if you breach these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, our administrators may choose to approve, or not, any and/or all details which they feel to be unpublishable. Their decision(s) is final.
18. You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Links to other websites
19. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Lost Cats Brighton and/or that of our affiliates, if relevant.
20. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
21. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement or similar of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
22. If you have any questions or queries re this, please contact us via email at email@example.com
24. At Lost Cats Brighton, we are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our users and/or visitors when visiting our site and/or communicating electronically with us.
25. This policy contains an explanation of what happens to any personal data that you choose to provide to us, or that we collect from you whilst you visit this site. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and/or the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). We do occasionally update this policy so please do return to and/or review this policy from time to time.
26. For the purposes of EU data protection law, Lost Cats Brighton is your data controller.
27. Information We Collect:
a) In running and operating this website we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this website. This data and information are detailed and described in a bit more detail below:
I) We collect and store the information which you give us via the registration / online form(s) on our website such as your name, address, email address, phone number, etc (“contact data”) - or when communicating with us by email, or in some other way.
II. We may also collect and store your IP address (“customer behaviour data”).
III. We, where and when relevant, may collect survey data (biannual survey, etc.) in order to understand how we are serving different types of visitors and users and what we need to do to improve their experience.
28. The information we collect is used in the following way:
a) We use “contact data” to provide our services: e.g. send service messages, communicate to you about your matter.
b) We intend or may use your “contact data” to send you emails, mails, calls or SMS in relation to the registration / online form that you would have submitted. We may even send a Christmas or similar newsletter.
d) We seek to retain your data for no longer than is necessary. We do that in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, if relevant, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law.
30. We may disclose personal data so far as reasonably necessary if we have reason to believe that it breaches our terms and conditions, or that such steps are necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act has been committed, or if there has been a complaint about content posted by you, or if we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
31. You have the right to request a copy of your information, to rectify your information, to opt-out from marketing communications and to request the deletion of your information. Below, we describe the processes for making these requests:
a) Update / rectify your information:
You can inform us of any relevant changes to the details that you provide by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to update your information that we hold.
b) Alternatively, you can contact us via our Facebook page but we prefer by email at email@example.com
32. Access your information: You have the right to request personal data that we hold about you, subject to us reserving the right to withhold such data to the extent permitted by law.
33. Delete your information: You have the right to request to delete all the personal data that we hold about you.
34. Further to any aspect of this policy so far, if you wish to contact us about anything to do with your data and Lost Cats Brighton, please do so.
35. For information about your rights under UK data protection laws, see the website of the UK Information Commissioner. You can report any concern to the ICO by clicking here.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
37. Whilst Lost Cats Brighton uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and all Users or Visitors take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
38. Lost Cats Brighton accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
39. Lost Cats Brighton reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
40. Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
41. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
42. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Lost Cats Brighton accepts no liability whatsoever for any of the following:
a) any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
b) loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
c) any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
43. You may not transfer any of your rights, if relevant, under these terms and conditions to any other person(s). We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
44. These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
46. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall and does not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
47. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part(s) of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected and shall prevail.
48. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
49. These terms and conditions will be governed by and interpreted according to English law. All disputes arising under these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
What if I have any questions?
50. We hope that we have shared with you all the information you need, but in the event that we haven’t, or if you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost Cats Brighton details
Lost Cats Brighton is a company incorporated in England and Wales (Company Number 5965383) and is also a registered charity (Registered Charity Number 1119083). It operates the Website – https://www.lostcatsbrighton.org.uk/
These terms and conditions are “Version 002” (January 2021) and is open to amendments in due course.
You can contact Lost Cats Brighton by email at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!